Nearly everyone knows about the automatically opening doors in Star Trek. A ring of the doorbell and a voice command such as, “Enter,” opened the doors and visitors were allowed entry. Today’s doors are very similar but not quite as advanced as those on the USS Starship Enterprise. We will continue to improve the doors as technological advances allow. You never know, we could end up with some pretty awesome automatic sliding doors.
For now, we’re very happy to discuss the multitude of options and reasons you should install an AutoSlide door system. We have several different varieties and they’re available in white or black to match or complement the decor of nearly every home. Our door openers work with most types of sliding doors including:
- Patio Doors
- Pocket Doors
- Arcadia Doors
- Bypass Doors
Sliding glass doors provide a beautiful way to view the outdoors from the comfort of your home. Automatic sliding doors add a great deal to the functionality of the doors by allowing you to pass from inside to outside without effort. Our Autoslide system offers:
- Convenience – Don’t worry about shifting everything you’re carrying from one arm to the other to open the door. Elderly people don’t have to release their hold on a cane, walker, or even risk trying to stand from their wheelchair to open the door. Our system is extremely useful and helpful for people with mobility issues.
- Security – Our electric locking iLock Motor unlocks when you engage the Autoslide system, but does not permit uninvited guests into your home. Secure access from the outside can be provided via our wireless numeric keypad.
- Pet Freedom – We love pets and we love the ability to allow them the outdoor time they need. We also understand how inconvenient it can be to drop everything you’re doing to go open the door for your pets. Our pet door option includes collar tags that allow your pets the freedom to come and go as they please. You may lock the pet door system any time you wish, though it is designed to work one of three ways – collar tag, motion sensor, or a pressure sensor mat under the door mat.
- Low Energy Consumption – The entire Autoslide system doesn’t use enough power to cause an increase in your power bill. Its power pack converts the system into a low voltage unit that draws only 1.9 amps.
- Voice Activated Control – We are currently working with integrating Amazon's Echo System into Autoslide to provide a voice activation option.
Visit the Autoslide website for more information. You may also call us at 813-885-DOOR (3667) to talk with one of our home automation experts. We will gladly take the time to answer all of your questions about our AutoSlide door system or schedule an in-home consultation to assess your family's automation needs.