Seven Items Home Buyers Want in Today’s Smart Homes
Today’s home buyers want more smart home features in the home that they consider for purchase. If you install some of these features in your home, you will be able to enjoy them yourself and increase the value of your home as well. Here are seven items that home buyers want in today’s smart homes:
- Automatic doors are growing in popularity because it is easier for people to open and close them. You can install an interior sliding door, which is a pocket door that will open and close automatically for you. A sliding glass patio door can also be an automated and these are nice to have for pets or entertaining. These exterior automatic doors make it easy when having guests over or for when you want to eat outside and need to carry many things at once.
- If you want to give people limited access to your house, you can install a keyless entry system. This system will allow you to designate times that certain people can enter your home and you can access or make changes to this system through your smartphone at any time.
- Smart thermostats are helpful for controlling the temperature inside your house. The Nest thermostat will actually learn your family’s routines and it will adjust the temperature in the house accordingly.
- The Nest Protect is a smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector in one and if there is ever an issue inside the house, Nest Protect will alert you using a human voice. It will tell you whether there is smoke or carbon monoxide as well as which room it is in and how dangerous it is.
- Ceiling fans are usually at the top of every home buyer’s list, but the Haiku with SenseME is the one that is necessary in a smart home. This fan will know when it should speed up and slow down without you needing to do anything.
- With the Belkin WeMo LED lighting set, you will be able to turn lights on and off from anywhere as well as create lighting schedules. This is a perfect solution if you do not want to walk into a dark house at night.
- There are many smart appliances now including refrigerators, ovens, washers and dryers. Many of these items can be controlled with a smartphone. Some of the newer refrigerators actually have a camera that you can access with your smartphone, so that you can see if you are out of something when you are at the grocery store.
Taking care of things around the house is becoming easier with smart technology. Everything is designed so that you can do multiple things at once without getting too stressed out. These items will even save you time and money. For more information on smart home integration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.